SiliconNet Technologies Sdn. Bhd.(Company No. 394813-H), a private limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1965 and having its registered address at 3rd Floor, Wisma Bapa Malaysia, Petra Jaya, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (hereinafter referred to as "SNT") respects the privacy of individuals and understands that privacy is a concern of its users; we shall therefore take reasonable steps to safeguard any personal data gathered by BestBestJob.
A. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- By providing any of your Personal Data: your name, gender, age, date of birth, nationality, identity card number, contact details, occupation, preferences, interests and/or other information relevant to the purposes listed below to SNT via the internet or otherwise, you hereby agreed that SNT shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to set up your BestBestJob account;
- to activate your BestBestJob account;
- to consider your request for a service;
- to assist in arrangements with other organizations (such as employers), both within or outside Malaysia, in relation to the provision of service;
- promotion of new services and interactive features;
- carrying out of matching procedures in accordance with the law;
- notifying you of new services, updates and events;
- performing statistical analyses of your behaviours and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various services of the site and providing this information to billers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to SNT, your application or request to SNT for any of the above purposes of A1 may not be accepted.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by SNT for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in A1 herein or is required to satisfy legal regulatory or accounting requirements, or to protect SNT's interests.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information, other than Personal Data, sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site, by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to SNT on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. SNT reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company, for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
C. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by SNT is kept up-to-date and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- BestBestJob may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, for example, by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave our website. SNT does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left our website.
E. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by SNT and to request the correction of any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
SiliconNet Technologies Sdn. Bhd.,
Wisma Bapa Malaysia,
Petra Jaya, Kuching,
or via email :
with the Subject: PDPA - BestBestJob
- Please note that in the event you withdraw your consent to SNT for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes of A1, SNT shall cease to process your Personal Data upon receipt of aforesaid withdrawal request wherein your approved application or request to SNT for any of the above purposes of A1 may be cancelled.
F. HOW LONG DOES SNT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- SNT reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information it reasonably believes is necessary to:-
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- enforce the Terms of Service or other user policies and agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
Dated : 1st April 2013