An oil and gas manufacturing plant based in Gelang Patah Johor has a few Welder position on a permanent basis.
Must have the ability to read, write & comprehend written and verbal English.
Training at a Trade School or Welding Apprentice Program or equivalent experience is desirable.
Must have the ability to comprehend detailed internal documents such as machining and fabrication engineering drawings, bills of material and work orders, quality and safety documents.
Must be able to qualify to ASME IX with FCAW or SMAW in 6G position.( (GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, OFC, CAA, PAW and PAC. Houston Operating Procedures, START Safety Program, Quality System)
Must have ability to use measuring equipment such as a tape measure and protractor.
Six months mechanical experience preferred. Exposure to manufacturing or welding environment preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. join, surface, fabricate or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts.
2. performs fit-up and weld out of projects following established procedures and instructions. Performs more advanced functions as part of training and development. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
3. lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards. Learns to complete inspection documentation. Reports all discrepancies with manufacturing standards.