Vacancy with a shared service center for the world's leading chemical company, supporting the entire Asia Pacific offices of 17 countries.
1. Review information, incidents, problems and analysis collected and escalated by the General Applications Service Desk team. Perform additional analysis of incidents and problems. Resolve the incidents and problems.
2. Provide customer focus by ensuring that General Applications Management - Web services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations. Provide technical consultancy and solutions.
3. Notify users of resolutions and close incident records on the Support call logging tool when resolution is confirmed with the customer group.
4. Be aware of developments in the Web applications areas, and service interruptions.
5. Seek opportunities, develop and maintain knowledge of business processes, application functionality and configuration, and application development languages. Receptive to performance and developmental feedback.
6. Evaluate application change requests for fixes and enhancements. Make recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs. Perform approved application fixes and enhancements or coordinate development of approved enhancement requests with the Regional Governance, Development team or Vendor. Ensure the integrity of the regional application system and new business practices, processes and enhancements are understood by the General Applications Management Web team.
7. Review and update functional specifications and technical specifications
8. Code and test programs to ensure that user requirements are met and according to technical specifications.
9. Adhere to development standards to enhance or initiate efficient program implementation, performance and maintenance.
10. Verify results and resolve issues.
11. Update and manage the inventory of documentations.
12. Maintains an understanding of customer Service Level Agreements.
3. Maintain time sheets accurately and periodically.
4. Share ideas and experience with team members and promote teamwork in problem resolution. Share best-practices and cross-train other team members in business process, various application and application development skills.
1. University graduate, majoring in the area of Information Systems / Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
2. 2 years experience in SAP Netweaver Portal Development (Java), Maintenance and / or Support functions. At least 1 year experience in a customer-focused Support or Call-Centre function is desirable.
3. Skills in two or more of the following languages are an advantage: English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Thai, and Malay.
4. In-depth knowledge and understanding in software development life cycle.
5. In-depth knowledge and understanding in the three or more of the following items:
- Application development and testing methodologies
- Web / application server platforms, including SAP Netweaver Portal (Java), RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL) is a must
- Web application development tools including SAP Netweaver Developer Studio and SAP Web Dynpro is a must
- SAP XI interface development and mapping and knowledge to SAP HR is an advantage
6. Understanding of how IT applications are able to support business processes and solve business issues.
7. Experience of Support technology e.g. Call Logging software, knowledge base, etc. is desirable.
8. Effectively able to apply structured problem solving skills and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution options.
9. Ability to efficiently multi-task and be self-motivated while working with others.
10. Ability to remain cool and controlled in a crisis and when under pressure.
11. Human relations and communications skills are important to develop and establish cooperation and rapport with users at working levels and of different nationalities; work as a team member within the General Applications Management -Web team.
12. Ability to convey information to both a technical and non-technical audience.